Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Yoga and Cowgirl Cash

I wish I could write more. I wish I could write better. I can only write when inspiration strikes and today it was while I was in yoga class trying to clear my mind in the perfect mountain pose. I appreciate my store and my yoga classes both at Juniper and at Iyengar for the same reason... community. Surrounding yourself with like minded people feels nice. There is a cross over between the people opening their minds and bodies in yoga and the people that appreciate the second hand and handmade items at Cowgirl Cash. I frequently find myself in conversation with women 20 years younger (ie: Alicia who helps with my etsy page) and women 20 years my senior (ie: Peggy who finds the best pearl snap shirts and DD Ranchwear jackets). There is nothing better than three women having a fun conversation and age is no consequence. We just like each other. Recently, the organizer of Bend's Chicken Coop tour happened to be in Cowgirl Cash when one of the coop stop owners was shopping in the store. They had never met before, but knew of one another. I guess this type of thing happens in Bend quite frequently, and I always love it when I witness it. Call it fate, call it community.

Today in yoga I had a secret with Jack (he's an older white haired guy who I don't even know). We both attend a small, very structured Tuesday Iyengar class, and on then on Thursday show up at the same crowded vinyasa flow class at Juniper with loud fun music. This pattern has been going on for a few weeks, and I find it comical and comforting.

The grounding and acceptance I learn in yoga, helps me run a small business and enjoy the highs and lows that come with it. I breathe, follow my instincts and enjoy the community that surrounds me. Neither do I do perfectly, but both I do with a true heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment