Thursday, January 27, 2011

Getting through January

How can I be so busy, when really it's a quiet January?  I haven't posted in a while so here's a recap of what a Western Vintage Boutique does in January.
  • I buy. January is a big get organized and clean out your closet time.  I benefit by taking cool old boots, little worn leather jackets, and beautiful jewelry off peoples hands. For a price of course.  That's one of the things I'm most proud about.  My shop can help someone in need of cash right away.

  • I joined O.K. Opportunity Knocks is a non profit that connects like businesses in a small group to help each grow and be all they can be.  Cowgirl Cash was started and has been run by the seat of my pants.  It's time for me to have a "board of directors" so I can take this little business to the next level. My first 3 hour meeting was 2 weeks ago.  Who knew helping someone else with their organizational chart could be so stimulating?

  • I was featured in COWGIRL Magazine under "where to shop".  What a thrill to see my  store featured.  You can pick this gorgeous publication up all over the country.


  • I'm planning the Cowgirl Cash Events calender.  Everything from Artwalk artists to classes for the Cowgirl Cash Good Living Series and even a Band scheduled for July 1! Stay tuned for more about 6 Gun Romeo.

  • After my latest class on Eat Like Your Great Grandmother, I signed up to be a distributor of an antioxidant supplement called Protandim.  I read every testimonial, read the independent Scientific studies, learned about the Elliott Cresson Medal and am convinced Dr. McCord has developed a cancer prevention drug that I want everyone of my friends and family on. Here's a video about the product: http://bit.ly/bh7Xz9

  • I opened an Etsy shop.  I hired the cutest girl in the world to photograph, upload, describe, and run the shop for me.  If you haven't heard of Etsy.com it's worth checking out.  It's a beautiful e-commerce shop with vendors selling vintage and handmade items.  You can peruse it for hours, so be careful. It's my way of getting my boots out to the world without rebuilding my web site.  I'm calling it a baby step.  My boots sell quite fast so keeping up on this task is a challenge, but we're getting there http://www.etsy.com/shop/cowgirlcash


1 comment:

  1. cute post but your etsy link doesn't work! I want to see your new shop!
    :)

    ReplyDelete