Monday, December 20, 2010

Soup fit for a party.

Last night I pulled out a recipe I'd clipped from the Oregonian 10 years ago.  I've made it many, many, times. Ladies from my bookclub and card group have all had it.  Last night I was craving Elephants Delicatessen Tomato Orange Soup.  Below is the recipe.  It was so good, and so easy I decided to serve it for my Solstice Party tomorrow, Dec. 21 at Cowgirl Cash.  It will go great with golden ale...

Tomato Orange Soup...my way.
This serves 4. it's easy to buy in bulk and make lots!

1 28 oz can chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup butter (1 cube)
1/2 chopped onion
1 cup 1/2 and 1/2
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 t baking soda
pepper
salt
dried thyme (I use fresh rosemary)

Saute onion in butter until traslucent.  Add canned tomatos, salt, pepper, herbs, and baking soda.  Heat until boiling, simmer for 15 minutes.  Use a hand held blender to puree the tomato mixture. Add the 1/2 and 1/2 and orange juice.  Reheat and serve with yummy bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment