Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cowgirl Cash plans ahead.

Planning for the year.  Happy with my decision to stick to winter hours. It is definitely winter in Bend Oregon today and I'm thrilled to be on my couch with my bestie Clyde looking forward to some of Cowgirl Cash's favorite events.

February 2012
This year I'm heading to Phoenix to see my parents and I'm taking a side trip to the Tucson Gem, Mineral, and Fossil Showcase that is held every year for 2 weeks at the end of January.  I haven't been since I lived in Boston in the early 90's and sold loose gemstones for a wholesaler.  Looking forward to the "search", the oddities, the contacts, the weather...

May 2012
I love being a sponsor of this event.  I admire the creativity, hard work, and devotion these coop owners give their chickens and their willingness to share their knowledge with the entire community.

June 2012
The Sisters Rodeo! This is a classic Central Oregon event and a must attend.  Follow the link for more information.

August 2012
The Deschutes County Fair is a favorite as well. The kids and their livestock, the rodeo, the Queens, the live entertainment... and yes, junk food and rides.  Open your wallet, and off we go.

September 2012
The Pendleton Roundup.  We are fortunate to have this famous, fun, tradition filled rodeo in our backyard...ok not really, it's 5 hours away. This rodeo is a must see, and I must admit I haven't seen it.  Will this be the year?

October 2012
Cowgirl Cash shows her true colors in October.  My Bend roots and my nostalgia for the old days of deer hunting with my parents, grandparents and friends inspire me to honor women who plan, save, and attempt to bring home a big buck during deer hunting season.  These women live among us and I love their stories and their spunk. That's why I will be hosting the third annual
Womens only Big Buck Contest.  Prizes for all who enter a buck! Last year I gave a wooden belt buckle engraved "Best Buck 2011".  My friend (male) suggested a better buckle would read... "Best Rack" hmm.


October is also BendFilm.  Independent film, independent business, independent women.  I love them and support them.  Cowgirl Cash plans to again host "How to BendFilm".  Learn the ins and outs of how to get the most of your local film festival at this free class held prior to the festival.

November 2012
Cowgirl Cash Celebrates three years on Friday, November 2. I hope you can make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment